Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday, Monday...

I had a really busy weekend. I did a lot, but only a fraction of what I had planned to do. Productivity-wise, Saturday was a waste: I spent seven hours just hanging out with some friends and shooting the breeze. It was good for me spiritually though, and broke up the monotony of being alone (which is a factor no matter how comfortable you are with yourself).

That meant on Sunday, I had to try to cram as much into one day as I possibly could, and I made the best of it. There were the routine chores, of course - namely laundry, dusting, and deep cleaning. I also got some woodworking done - I still have about eight crates of books that need a place to rest in the house, so I'm building new book shelves to house them. Book shelves are pretty straight forward to construct, and I've built enough of them at this point that I have a standard plan and dimensions, so that except for finishing and waiting for glue to dry, I can build one a day. The one I'm working on right now though is bigger than normal, and lacking enough clamps is taking a little longer. Still, it ought to be sitting in its place of honor within a week. Once it's done, I have two smaller bookshelves to build for the kids' rooms, and I'm done with shelves and on to tables for a while. I'll post some pictures when I'm done.

I also got some cooking done. Everything I make isn't worthy of posting a recipe, and every recipe I use isn't mine to share, but I will heartily endorse Lisa Fain's (of Homesick Texan fame, previously mentioned) Tex-Mex Meatloaf. Good stuff, and my stomach thanks her. I also whipped up a couple pints of real chili sauce for the enchiladas I plan to make later in the week (recipe will be posted), 2 quarts of escabeche (pickled jalapenos, onions, cauliflower, and carrots), and made my first attempt at homemade mustard (it's still in the soaking phase, so I don't know how it's going to turn out yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment